Johannesburg - Airport - O.R. Tambo, South Africa
Terminal rental counter and pick-up
Directions to desk
Customer to follow the car rental signage to the parking area. Customers may be required to pass a background/credit check when collecting their car. If customers fail these checks, they might be refused the car at the counter
Tambo International Airport. 1 Club Gold, Kempton Park, 1620
|Sun||06:00 - 21:00|
|Mon||06:00 - 21:00|
|Tue||06:00 - 21:00|
|Wed||06:00 - 21:00|
|Thu||06:00 - 21:00|
|Fri||06:00 - 21:00|
|Sat||06:00 - 21:00|
Mileage policy: Unlimited
22 to 99 Years
Customers who fall outside the age limitations will not be able to rent a car unless there is a young or senior driver fee specified in this section. Please note that, if applicable, this fee will be included in the rental price and will be payable on arrival at the rental desk in the local currency.
IMPORTANT ! Due to COVID 19, numerous restrictions applies on cross-border travelling , please contact your car rental provider for more details and information.
OVER BORDER REQUESTS: Border Crossing will only be allowed if pre-approved. If you intend to cross an International Border, you are required to provide Hertz Central Reservations with the required documentation at least two working days prior to pickup date.
1) Request for a cross border letter must be made at the time of booking to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) On this booking request the following details must be supplied:
- Full name of the renter
- Passport number
- Nationality of the passport
- Drivers licence or IDP number;
3) Toyota Quantums may not be taken into any neighbouring country.
4) When the client comes to the branch ; the Hertz staff will make a copy of the passport ; copy of the drivers licence etc.
5) The Cross Border Fee of ZAR 1,600 is a once-off fee ( irrespective how many borders are to be crossed) that will be charged directly to the renters credit card, as it is not included in any rates. Should the client want to enter more than one country ; he must state this at the time of booking.
6) Should a client decide that they want to cross a border at short notice ; they would then have to follow the normal procedure as outlined below. It means that it can take up to 48 hours until all the documents are supplied ; given that certain admin departments only work on weekdays.
7) Please note that if a client does a one way rental into another country ( e.g. RSA to Namibia) ; he will be charged the Cross Border Fee of ZAR 1,600 PLUS a One Way Drop Off Fee of ZAR 6,000.
8) CROSS BORDER TO ZIMBABWE IS NOT ALLOWED.